A few tricks to ensure a smooth move.
If you are not hiring Atlantic Beach Movers to disassemble and reassemble your furniture, these things will have to be taken care of before we arrive.
- Have all boxes sealed on top and bottom with tape. This prevents your items from falling out in the truck.
- Have all boxes labeled with their room destination.
- Wrap pictures and have them boxed and sealed
- Stack lamp shades inside each other and box them. This will prevent any punctures or damage.
- Books should be packed tightly in small, sealed boxes.
- Remove pendulums from clocks or have them secured tightly to the base of the clock.
- Grandfather clocks should be secured by a clock man.
- Have all fragile articles packed and secured separately in durable boxes.
- Have light-colored cushions (couch, love seat, etc.) bagged in large trash bags.
- You should keep all valuables in your immediate possession. These items should be moved by the owner: jewelry, watches, money, expensive artwork, legal documents, etc.
- Clothing may be left in dresser drawers.
- Hanging cloths should be boxed in wardrobe boxes.
- Wrap and pack small cloths.
- Dispose of any food that may spill or spoil in you new place.
- Have refrigerator and freezer empty when movers arrive.
(Food, shelves, pans & trays)
- Have the stove disconnected. If gas, be sure gas lines are shut off tightly and capped. Pack any loose parts separately in a place you will remember.
- Have all kitchen utensils, pots, and pans clean and packed in boxes.
- Drain all oil and gas from lawn mowers and any other gas-powered tools. We may not move flammables, aerosol cans, paints, thinners, guns, ammunition, or hazardous materials.
Call today for a fast, friendly estimate with hourly rates over the phone, or schedule your free in-home estimate.
Virginia Beach, Chesapeake, Portsmouth,
Norfolk, Suffolk, Hampton and Newport News, VA
Please Call Us at 757-228-5090